How we Help
Easy Steps To Home Ownership
1. HOW LONG DOES THE PROCESS TAKE?
On average it takes about 1 to 3 months to get you into your new home and 2 to 3 years until you own it.
2. WHAT IF MY CREDIT IS BAD?
Bruised credit is not a problem for our program. Our credit specialist will help you establish or improve your credit with a personalized action plan.
3. DO I NEED A MINIMUM INCOME TO QUALIFY?
You do need verifiable income. Your household income will determine the price of the home you can afford.
4. WHAT TYPE OF COSTS WILL THERE BE?
5. HOW MUCH OF A DOWN PAYMENT DO I NEED?
The amount of down payment depends on the value of the home you intend to purchase.
6. HOW MUCH WILL RENT BE?
The amount of rent will depend on the home you choose. It will be similar to market rent, plus an additional amount, part of which will be credited towards your down payment.
7. I FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY. CAN I STILL QUALIFY?
We do work with people who have declared bankruptcy or consumer proposal in the past. Every situation is unique, and we will work hard to provide you with a solution that fits your requirements.
8. I AM SELF-EMPLOYED. CAN I STILL QUALIFY?
Yes. The mortgage specialists on our team have experience working with individuals that are self-employed.
9. WHAT SORT OF PAPERWORK IS INVOLVED IN THIS PROCESS?
We will go through the paperwork with you and explain it in great detail. We always encourage you to seek independent legal advice to ensure that you understand everything you are signing.
10. CAN I RENOVATE THE PROPERTY?
Yes. We want you to feel comfortable in your new home and we encourage you to add value through improvements. There are a few restrictions, so you will be required to review any improvement ideas with SweetWater prior to the work being started.
11. WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE SWEETWATER?